Anyways, no great leads in my job searching. Most jobs are outside of Zurich which turns into a 1.5-2 hour tram ride... not ideal. And moving when we already found an apartment is not a great idea especially because #1- Competing with others is the norm and #2- the farther out of the city we go, the less English is spoken. And we already encounter that at the grocery. I talked with a recruiter today. Usually in the states they are never any help to me but this one called me on my magicjack and helped me fix up my resume and found some really good fitting jobs for me. Only problem is that the company is almost a 2hr tram ride. Not sure what Im going to do but I figure I might as well apply and just go from there. Who knows. This is what my desk looks like: (killer on the neck and back)
So everyone's shipped stuff should be here Friday- fingers crossed! I am soooooo excited for my boots! Shoes, some clothes, and spices may be the only thing we can bring home so far but Im still super ready for that! And next weekend is our ski trip to the Alps so luckily our ski clothes will be here just in time. :) This is what I'll look like:
We finally found the milk we like to 'drink.' When the percentage gets smaller, the milk starts tasting funnier...
And this is what our new cheap Friday night dinners are going to look like: (Believe it or not but these pizzas are delicious especially when doctored with some really yummy, cheap mozzerella.) And it is exactly the same size as the oven! :)
Apparently the lady that lives in our temp apartment loves plants in the house and so does everyone else around here. Therefore we (Paul) have to take care of her plants. This is an orchid he brought to life! I don't dare touch the plants- they might grow some new disease and crumble under my touch.
And to end on a great note: At the grocery tonight, we found a 10 pack of thick, yummy, swiss milk chocolate bars for SFr. 9. Amazing deal! This will hopefully keep my spirits up while job searching. :)
1 comment:
Haha, I love hearing your stories! Skiing in the Apls!? You better take tons of pictures!! Love you. :)
Post a Comment