Friday, March 19, 2010

Apartment Tour

Pictures!  I may have went overboard with the pics but I hope you enjoy them.  Paul says our place feels like an institution because we have nothing to hang on the walls.  All our pretty framed pictures are hanging around my parents' house or under the guest bed there.  :(  So I guess we'll have to find some cheap stuff to hang to make it more homey!  But here it is for now at least.
Our living room/dining room
[Left] The view out of the left side windows.  The blue thing in the bottom corner has the elevators that take us down to the underground tram stop and/or across the street.
[Right] The view from the back windows/balcony.  We'll explore that path and the woods it leads to this weekend!
[Left] View looking to the right off the balcony and out of our bedroom windows.
[Right] Kitchen table- I put this together all by myself!  My hands were hurting!
[Left] Clockwise starting at the front door- bathroom, closet, (standing in) kitchen, living room, bedroom.
[Right] View from balcony outside of the kitchen.
[Left] Looking to the left off the balcony.
[Right] Looking towards the balcony in the kitchen.
Kitchen views.  In the left picture, the refrigerator is the biggest middle rectangle.  The freezer takes up a small space in the top of it. And in the right picture the dishwasher is below and to the left of the sink.  Things are camouflaged extremely well!
The coat closet and view from the window (on my tippy toes).  :)
Obviously the bathroom.  In this last picture you can see a small rectangle in the box hanging on the wall.  When you turn on the hot water, you see the blue picture (flames) heating the water.  Alllll happening while your taking a shower AND this will only continue for 10 min.  Found this out the hard way.  I had to wait 10 min for it to be able to come back on to finish my shower.  :(  Hopefully all of this will be changed when they renovate- hopefully soon.
And the bedroom.  Still need more hangers for the rest of our clothes and the mirror needs to go up.  Then maybe soon we'll get some rugs!

Hope you enjoyed the tour!

4 comments:

Chris Hanson said...

Very cool and thanks for sharing! Looks really nice!

Jayce said...

Niiice!! I hope I get to visit you here! What is that curtain thing hanging in your bedroom?

Jess and Paul Erickson said...

Thanks guys! We'll be here for a loooooong while.

Oh! The curtain is to cover the wardrobe that is built into the wall. It has some shelves, our shoes, and hanging clothes. My side is on the left and Paul's is on the right. :)

ItZaHodgePodge said...

It's beautiful! I love the light in there!