No pictures this time. I think I got that covered in the last post. Just a few updates before we're off for the weekend.
WE GOT OUT PERMITS!!!!!! They are B's and are exactly what should've have gotten the first time around. It may have taken 3 months, but at least it's finally correct! The post man tried to start a German conversation with me. I gathered he thought we were from Finland (because of Ragnar Erickson) and I didn't know how to respond until he asked 'Komme aus?' and I was like 'AH! oo-es-ah!' and he looked surprised. It was pretty funny and the next day he greeted me with 'Gruetzi, Frau Erickson!' It's very fun living in a new language... I just want to learn more (and have it be really easy).
I got Coop Supercards now. So now when they ask me 'something something SUPERCARD?' at the grocery I can whip it out and say 'JA!' No more 'nein.' And maybe I can even get enough points for something cool!
I'm no longer a nanny/babysitter. The mom called me yesterday telling me they found an au pair starting Sat. I'm actually kinda thankful. The boy was ridiculously stubborn and lots of simple things were fights. Too much work with 2 small kids, extra tasks (laundry) around the house, and too long of a day (12-13 hours) for Fr. 150. But she's giving me Fr. 100 for the short notice- so that's nice. Now I get to go to the Böögg explosion. It's kinda like when the Groundhog comes out and sees his shadow... The Böögg is a cotton snowman with explosives in his head and is set on fire. The quicker his head explodes, the better summer will be. It's a Zurich tradition and happens Monday, the 19th, in the afternoon along with a parade and celebration. I'm really excited I can go now!
Ok, that is all for now. Some ETH party today/tonight. Short day trip this weekend. May or may not get a bike. There is a big sale really close to us in 2 weeks, so we might just wait for that.... Tschüs!
2 comments:
I like all this news - JA! I do! I want to hear you say JA! That explosive head festival thing sounds whack but fun, glad you get to go. Take your camera. :)
OH MY GOSH, say hello to the Swiss Groundhog for me! I love it!
Post a Comment