I guess Sundays are turning into blog posting time. :)
This week was a usual week except that I realized I must be eating more than I think because we had to go to the grocery an extra 2 times this week! Friday we started our weekend by putting together a basil-mozarella-tomato appetizer and headed to an American friend's place for baked spagetti with Paul's group. It was a nice relaxing night just chilling with friends and by 10pm I was exhausted. I have officially become an old lady!
Saturday morning we got some picnic stuff together and met our neighbors for a bike ride around the Greifensee (a huge lake not far from our apartment). The day was so perfect and clear for it- 80 deg!- that you could see the snow capped Alps in the distance! I knew it usually takes us 2-3 hours because I like to slow down Paul (he can do it in 1) but I had forgotten how little kids definitely make things take longer. Little Lizzie did not like riding along in the beginning and just wanted to walk around. So almost immediately after arriving at the Greifensee we stopped at a really nice swimming spot for our picnic. We were amazed at the amount of food Robert and Kerstin brought. We brought a light lunch- sandwiches with fruit and lemon poppy seed bread- and they brought 2 huge loafs of yummy bread, TONS of vegetables with a homemade dip that I have GOT to get the recipe for, hot dogs, orange juice, German coke, and more for Lizzie. They were so awesome and shared it all with us. Lizzie got to run around and chase a duck and then we were off for more bike riding. We stopped later for ice cream and a handful of other times and had one last stop in the shade for Lizzie to run some more and have some snacks. 7 hours later we were back home. It was a super nice ride and I talked to Kerstin A LOT about having a baby here and got a lot of great information. She was just so open and it was great to chat with someone who could help me. I'll even go over to their place sometime to learn the way they do their diapers (reusable) but Im not sure I'll do the same because some of the stuff they use they have to get specifically from Germany.
Anyways, we got home around 5 and relaxed for about 30 min before getting ready for the next outing- dinner with our new friends, Elena and Christian. We cat sitted for them while they were in the states (Elena is from Atlanta). We threw together some salsa and guacamole and showered and were off again! *Side note: The shower hates me again and has been cutting off very randomly. I got 2 min before it shut off for 10 and then I got 2 more min before it shut off again. I was sooo pissed. It is not fun freezing in the shower that is making you late just because the hot water wont stay on! We're going to check the batteries (yes- batteries for our water heater in the shower right in with the water) and if that doesnt work someone is going to get an earfull.* So we went over to give back the keys and have Mexican lasagna with them and talked for a few hours. I was so shocked I stayed up so late but I no doubt slept hard as a rock last night- except for when I slept walked to the bathroom. :) But we had a lot of fun. Elena is part Mexican and Christian is German so they are a fun couple. They are our age and have been married 4 years and previously lived in Ireland. So Christian has an Irish accent when he speaks English. So crazy. But they are our first friends that have no connection to ETH which I think is really cool!
Today has become our lazy day and I love it. I just wish it would last longer! Here's to another week of work! Wooohooo ;)
1 comment:
Love the scenery, and glad you're making friends. :)
Post a Comment