Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Fall is definitely here!

So things feel really busy for some reason but Im gonna give a quick update.  :)

Nothing too special about the last 2 weeks.  We're getting closer to buying baby furniture soon and a few other items.  Ive been watching the expat forums and have snagged a breastfeeding/whatever pillow.  It is a loosely shaped 'U' with nice beans in it so it can be molded really easily.  It is Swiss made and usually very expensive but I got it for Sfr. 25!  :)  I also got a baby food cooker/steamer for pretty cheap.  I know we wont be needing it for awhile but I figured if I was already getting one thing I might as well get both.  I wouldn't be surprised if I cook with it beforehand just because I dont think canned pumpkin is readily available here and if I can steam and puree some pumpkin in it for Thanksgiving dishes that would be awesome!  Hopefully a really nice crib and changing table will be in our future because someone needs to get rid of them and is just giving them away but Im waiting on measurements since we are very limited on space.  Today a guy Paul works with brought us some bottles he didn't need anymore.  He has twin girls.  So now we have some bottles and to-go formula holders just in case.

Anyway, a couple weekends ago we went to a gathering/party and I got to see the girls from Paul's group.  That was nice since I havent seen them since August.  I made a dessert and they were DELICIOUS.  I seriously dont know why I never tried this recipe but it is pretty easy and I've had it for years and they are pretty much melt-in-your-mouth brownies with nuts in cookie form.  YUM!  Here's a picture.  It's a good thing other people liked them so much too because it would have been really bad if I ate them all myself.  ;)
I had a checkup about a week ago and everything looks good.  She was checking the heartbeat and our little dude kicked the stick thingy.  We all laughed and he did it again.  I thought he might do something like that because if anything rests on my belly or pushes in he pushes/kicks back.  Just a little attitude.  ha  But it's cute and Im enjoying his craziness.  Next checkup we get another ultrasound.  Im super excited for that!  Only 1 more week of this trimester and then only 12 weeks left!  Holy cow...

Monday our bathroom should be in the process of a renovation.  Crossing our fingers that everything actually goes through and they are finished by next Friday since that's what they've told us!  We might be showering in the cellar or at our neighbors for the week but it will all be worth it.  :)

Last weekend we even got our eye exams completed.  So now all we have to do is fill out the forms and get some pictures made and then we can send everything in for our Swiss drivers licenses.  We need to do it soon though because we have to do it before we've lived here one year which is at the end of January but we still need drivers licenses for driving rental vans for all the furniture we'll be buying.  So maybe we'll send it all in a month or so...

Oh, and my family has plane tickets for Christmas!!!  Im so excited they are actually coming now.  They'll come for 2 weeks and leave the day before my due date (because of school).  But hopefully the freezing weather and all the walking that we'll be doing will get things started while they are here.  That would be awesome.

Well, I guess that's good for now.  It's definitely fall here and I love it.  Not very much rain, red leaves everywhere and 50's-60's for temperatures.  Beautiful.  I even found a maternity winter coat for under Sfr. 100 last weekend!  Very proud of my purchase.  :)

1 comment:

Rachel! said...

I love your updates! And your life! Levi is so going to give you a run for your money!