So lots of things have been happening over here! The biggest news is that we finally have plane tickets to go home! By the time the beginning of February was here and Jake's birth certificate wasn't I decided we needed to know what was going on if we were going to try to go home. I sent the office an email and the next night things started happening! We got some very nice people to help us do everything quick and early. So we got the birth certificate and applied for the passport and permit already. Amazing! Next week little Jakob has to get his picture taken at the Migration office for the permit. Can't wait to see them do those! We may not get the permit in time but we were told that we can get a letter that will do. The passport should get here right before we leave for the states on March 11. Praying that everything stays going smoothly. I will be so thankful to be able to be in my really good friend, Rachel's, wedding and Im so happy for her! We will be in the states til April 2 and we are so excited! Im sure Tallahassee will have changed so much over the past year.
Jakob has finally gotten on somewhat of a schedule I think. Not a strict one but he eats about every 2-3 hours unless he's sleeping. He falls asleep at night between 10:30 and 11 til about 4 or 5 and then will get up between 7 and 8 but if we put him in the bed with/on us he will sleep a lot longer. It's really nice to have him pretty well figured out. I wish I could plan naps but I think he is still too small. He falls asleep whenever we are out so that pretty much disrupts any hardcore schedule since we go out randomly. But I've been trying to get out and walk before lunch and that is so nice. It helps that the sun has been out this past week!
His one month appointment went well. The doctor was super nice and spoke perfect English and is just 2 stops down from our place. Jakob didnt gain a lot of weight but she wasnt worried since he is still almost 10 pounds and growing. They had just moved everything around so next week we have to go back for a hip ultrasound (routine around here). He will get shots right before we leave for the states and they said they can do anything the US does so we can still be on track when we move back. That's so great of them but I think everything they do here is exactly what is done over there.
Well, I seem to talk about our little guy a lot. We love him so much it's easy for him to be our top topic. Paul is doing really well in the lab. By the time we go home he should be finished with a paper for publishing. That will be really great for him to have completed! I have looked around at jobs but havent applied to anything. I might start applying soon but we are doing really good with what we saved up and we'll be gone most of March so I just might wait until we get back. I sure do love hanging with my little man for my days.
No comments:
Post a Comment