Things are great! Now that Paul's back things are back to 'normal' which I enjoy very much- although I do have to cook a lot more! ;) During his summer class he had to make a Matlab program and never got it to work like it should. So since this is my present 'job' I decided to look at it Sunday night- bad idea. I get too caught up in puzzles and feel like it has to be solved immediately. I stayed up super late and then never gave my brain time to relax. So all through the night I dreamt about Matlab frustrations and never got any sleep. I even got Paul to send me the files at work and finished it up there so I wouldn't have any more thoughts about it! Lesson learned and hopefully I wont do that to myself again...
But the week was uneventful and HOT until around Thurs/Fri when it started raining and the temps dropped from high 80's (some 90's- terrible with no a/c even at work) to 60's, even 50's. It's crazy how wild the temperature has been but I will definitely take fall over summer at this point. Saturday we went out in the rain and bought a map of Switzerland so Paul can mark what all we've seen so far and I got a cork board! Now all our cards and some pictures can actual hang instead of fly around the apartment when the wind blows (since our windows are constantly open).
Today was actually sunny and somewhat warm. We ventured down the river and found some awesome swimming spots and places to lay out. We might take advantage of it sometime after work this week. Today we didn't think it would be warm enough so we didn't take our bathing suits. :( But the current is so strong that you basically walk upstream, jump in, float down and maybe hold on to something for a little bit and then do it all over. Some people even just swim with the current keeping them in place for a workout. Naked babies run all over the place and there are nice bars with food and stuff. Definitely a nice place for the summer! Walking along the river there are also TONS of blackberries that you can just pick and eat. We were surprised to see how many people don't stop to pick them since they are very expensive in the grocery stores. Paul took advantage! We even found places where people just freely spray paint the walls.
I'm almost ready to put in my order for cloth diapers and then I think we'll be set for the things I need to be shipped and ready when I go to the states in a month. But Im still going to be doing LOTS of shopping when I get there! Mainly just for Paul and a few maternity things though. Tomorrow we have an appointment (our first 2nd trimester one) and I dont think theyre doing too much. I just want them to tell me things are normal and good and I'll be happy! Im so excited that vacation time is coming! We only really have next Sun to laze around and then Paul's family gets here the next Sun and while I will have to work a few days here and there it's pretty much vacation until after Labor day. Im SO ready to explore- Paris, Germany, Austria, Italy, with some camping and beach- heck yeah!
No comments:
Post a Comment